Thursday, September 6, 2007

Goals


I've tried this blog thing before now. I have decided that it did not work out because I didn't have a goal. I've read food blogs where the blogger makes food of a certain cuisine, comes up with new and exciting recipes or cooks everything in a cookbook. I think that for me it will have to be food & family related. After all, I moved here to get closer to my roots. So, I am planning to make all of the recipes in my mom's cookbook, Mam Papaul's Country Creole Basket. Mam Papaul was my great-grandmother, whose name is also the brand for my family's line of dinner and cake mixes. My mom wrote the cookbook three years before I came into the world. I think that this mission will help me learn more about my family's history & maybe the readers will enjoy it, too. I hope so. I cannot promise that I will stick with this theme all of the time, but it's a start!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

What a great concept!

And you are right, it seems the best blogs than consistently post and gets lots of readers tend to be ones with a pretty clear focus of some kind.

Best of luck and based on what you have posted so far, I can't wait to read more!